Director of ilab building and executing all of ilab’s startup programs. Participated in 3 exit / acquisition of Queensland tech in US, experience in health, telecoms, finance. 4 year in North America, South Asia experience.
• Startups and Innovation – Guide entrepreneurs and startups to shift goal posts, think big, find investment, structure and execute.
• Leadership – VP, GM and Director roles across domestic, US and Asian marketplaces.
• Exits and Acquisitions – Exec role in 3 exit / acquisitions combined transaction value US$320m.
• Business Development – identification, execution and growth of profitable new business.
• Customer, Stakeholder and Partner focus – Generate confidence and build environments that are collaborative, get things done, and solve problems.
• Program Delivery Management – Deliver complex products, projects and programs with risk appropriate tools, and based on formal training.
• Enabled hi-tech products and solutions across health, resources, government, telecommunications and finance sectors.
Specialties: Executive Leadership, Innovation and Design, Startups, Customer and Stakeholder Engagement, Commercialisation, Business Development, Management, Program Management, Project Management, Strategy and Governance
ilab is a Start-up Accelerator owned by UQ Holdings Pty Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of The University of Queensland (UQ) which supports early stage, high-tech companies. ilab has incubated over 140 start-up companies and helped them raise over $80 million in grant and investment capital to fund their growth and generate nearly 800 technology jobs.
As ilab’s Director, Bernie is currently responsible for all startup programs, facilities and operational aspects of the accelerator.