Venture Capital Operations, Arowana & Co
Christopher is a founder of several businesses, across a number of different industries. The first was uCrack iFix, a smartphone repair business that has expanded to include several online stores that drop-ship products internationally as well as an eCommerce consulting firm creating strategies and websites. He then created Elastice a dynamic pricing engine for eCommerce stores, and Car Values Co a tool to help people identify the true market value of their vehicle.
He has a keen interest in product design, business strategy, and business model innovation. He specialises in advising early stage start-ups – particularly those with student or graduate founders.
Chris is very active in the Brisbane technology start-up community, some examples include:
* Awarded Lord Mayor’s Budding Entrepreneurs Grant
* iLab Germinate program (alumni)
* IDEA Network (University of Queensland, and Queensland University of Technology)
* Director of Global Innovative Youth Conference
* River City Labs Sponsored Entrepreneur Program
* River City Labs Member
* Winner of Startup Weekend Brisbane 2014, and winner of Startup Weekend Brisbane 2015 prize for “The most wanted startup” and now mentor at multiple Startup Weekends’
In March 2014 he was a speaker at TEDxUQ, and then again in August 2014 spoke briefly at TEDxQUT about the topic of why the best time to start a business is while at university. He is passionate about inspiring students to become entrepreneurs while studying – as his first business was established while he was studying Mechanical Engineering at the University of Queensland.
After winning Startup weekend Brisbane in October 2014, Chris is now focusing on Car Values Co, which is reducing the unknowns when making a used car purchase.
Christopher is now working for Arowana & Co in their Venture Capital division Arowana Capital and operating their cross-border payments business FX2School.